A Baltimore City Jury awarded $34 Million Dollars to 20 restaurant workers who were exposed to carbon monoxide in 2008. As a result of the exposure, they suffered brain damage, personality changes and other damages. The carbon monoxide leak was discovered in February 2008 when the Baltimore City Fire Department received a call that restaurant workers were becoming sick. The Maryland jury trial lasted 13 weeks because the damages claims of all 20 plaintiffs had to be presented to the jury. The case was tried by Billy Murphy, Don Discepolo and other members of The Murphy Firm. If you or someone you love is exposed to Carbon Monoxide you should seek immediate medical attention.
CO poisoning occurs when carbon monoxide gas emits from burning oil, kerosene, wood or charcoal. When carbon monoxide is breathed in, it replaces hte oxygen in your blood which then causes the cells in your body to die and organs can stop working properly. You cannot see or smell carbon monoxide. Sources of carbon monoxide include cars, fireplaces, woodstoves, water heaters, ovens, and dryers. Symptoms of Carbon Monoxide poisoning include headaches, nausea and vomitting. After getting medical attention, it is a good idea to contact a lawyer so that a proper and prompt fact investigation can be done to determine what the cause of the carbon monoxide exposure was. If it is from an appliance, it is important to preserve the at fault appliance and trace its maintenance history. If you or someone you know if exposed to carbon monoxide feel free to contact the lawyers at Goldberg, Finnegan & Mester at 888-213-8140 for a free consultation. Kevin Goldberg, firstname.lastname@example.org 888-213-8140